Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another goal in life achieved

I have set a few trivial goals in my life. Some that are obvious (own a home) and others that are trivial and fun (run a marathon, become a single digit handicap golfer). While this wasn't really a goal, as a youth I often dreamed of being an athlete. Part of that dream included being seen in magazines such as Sports Illustrated. Today that dream was partially realized as I found myself in a crowd shot celebrating the Celtics recent championship. I have not been able to find the photo online and will post it if I do. For those of you who subscribe, you can play Where's Waldo, looking for me on page 30-31. Next up, meet a President of the US or play a round at Augusta National......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about drinking 30 Piels in one sitting, or spending an entire weekend watching a marathon of The A-Team? I find that if you set a low bar for yourself, you find yourself accomplishing your goals with far greater regularity. Try it, it's the American way!

One Man on an Island said...

I am sad (or proud I'm not sure) to say that I have drank a case of Piels in a single sitting as well as been part of a 3 man team that drank a quarter keg. Although they may not heave been goals they must be considered accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your appearance on E! True Hollywood Story running alongside Matt Damon in a roadrace.

....and your Fantasy League & Stratomatic Championship flags. It's the Hearts trophy that remains out of reach along with Boomer's Body Slam Challange.

"The Punisher"

Anonymous said...

It looks like you made your goal twice. Your also in SI for Kids. Page 2! Who knows whats next, maybe the cover.